Re: slow/fast/open/closed

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@lesley.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 17:42:13 PST

Paul asks:
>What is history from the perspective of activity theory?

Which is a great question. Understanding how texts from prior activity are taken up into existing activity sounds very interesting. This sounds like it is in L*'s field of expertise and I would be highly interested in such a conversation. What I was thinking of historical texts was similar to, I think, how historians work with primary and secondary sources. For the moment, I'm interested in how to better orient present studies to that of V-L-L and am willing to attempt this without having achieved competence in analyzing historical texts.

Apologies for the short response(s) -- spread as thin as a superfluid, just a couple atomic layers thick right now.

bb