Re: translation issues

From: Victor Kaptelinin (vklinin@informatik.umu.se)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 04:18:50 PDT

Paul,

I do work with a Russian text.

Generally, "objective" in the English version may correspond to either
"objectivnyj" or "predmetnyj" in the Russian version.

However, "objective world" is always "predmetnyj mir" and "objective
activity" is always "predmetnaja dejatelnost" (at least, in Chapter 3).
Therefore, "objective" in both "objective activity" and "objective world"
is a translation of the same Russian word. (On one occasions, the "object
world" is used instead of "objective world", but in Russian version there
is no difference between these expressions).

Hope it is not too confusing :)

Folks, please, do not hesitate to let me know if you think my Russian copy
of the book can be of any help.

Best wishes,
Victor.