subject / object

From: Nate Schmolze (nate_schmolze@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 04:45:08 PDT

Andy's "abstraction" is his intro of when Leontev says,

"But what is human life? It is that totality, more precisely, that system
of activities replacing one another. ... activity appears as a process in
which mutual transfers between the poles “subject-object” are accomplished.
“In production the personality is objectivized; in need the thing is
subjectivized,”

What I take from this is the dialectics involved in the object / subject
relation. Mike mentioned "copying" of the external to the internal vs the
"creating" of the internal - not a direct copy. I agree with the "creating"
but even that is the relationship again - externalization. So, in my reading
of chapter 3 I am trying to keep in focus activity as that dialectical
process - rather that say situating the subjective against the objective or
internal against external.

Nate