Re: theory minded addendum

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@lesley.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 18:43:47 PDT

At 9:53 AM -0600 8/16/00, Diane Hodges wrote:
>and in fact we do get better-brains as we age - adult development is
>closely related to the amount of social activity a person engages with as
>s/he ages, the diversity of lifestyle,
>the activity level, the nutrition, and most most most important,
>the social relations (having them) and the work of being receptive to new
>ideas and activity.

Thanks Diane -- looks like like good advice for living well! How's this for an attempt: I'm going backpacking with my two sons for 4 days, where the black bears hang out just north of here.

Bill Barowy, Associate Professor
Lesley College
29 Everett Street, Cambridge, MA 02138-2790
Phone: 617-349-8168 / Fax: 617-349-8169
http://www.lesley.edu/faculty/wbarowy/Barowy.html
"One of life's quiet excitements is to stand somewhat apart from yourself
 and watch yourself softly become the author of something beautiful."
[Norman Maclean in "A river runs through it."]