Re(2): object of activity

From: Diane Hodges (dhodges@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 12:54:52 PDT

It is probably necessary to be a woman (ultimate guarantee of sociality
beyond the wreckage of the paternal symbolic function, as well as the
inexhaustible generator of its renewal, of its expansion) not to renounce
theoretical reason but to compel it to increase its power by giving it an
object beyond its limits...
(Julia Kristeva, Desire in Language, 113)

xmca@weber.ucsd.edu writes:
>"Now the physicist, himself, who describes all this, is, in his own
>account,
>himself constrcuted of it. He is, in short, made of a conglomeration of
>the
>very particulars he describes, no more, no less, bound together by and
>obeying such general laws as he himself has managed to find and to record.
>
>"Thus we cannot escape the fact that the world we know is constructed in
>order (and thus in such a way as to be able) to see itself.
>
>"This is indeed amazing."
>

>G. Spencer Brown - "Laws of Form"

                                        :point where everything listens.
and i slow down, learning how to
enter - implicate and unspoken (still) heart-of-the-world.

(Daphne Marlatt, "Coming to you")

diane celia hodges

 university of british columbia, centre for the study of curriculum and
instruction
 university of colorado, denver, school of education

Diane_Hodges@ceo.cudenver.edu