RE: re anyone object

From: Nate (schmolze@students.wisc.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 18:37:18 PDT

Mike,

That seems too far in my mind. I have never heard of any research where you
seek permission for its use although Gloria Landsing Billings work gets
pretty close. I guess I think, like one would do with any "site", you seek
permission to use the material not how its used. It seems that one should
be asked permission to use ones messages but beyond that it is stepping on
academic freedom.

I would be curious how UCSD is adressing human subjects though. Since that
one study where someone died several Universities are being audited. The
costs are high because if you fail the audit all human research system wide
is suspended.
Nate

Nate Schmolze
http://www.geocities.com/nate_schmolze/
schmolze@students.wisc.edu

****************
"Overcoming the naturalistic concept of mental development calls for a
radically new approach
to the interrelation between child and society. We have been led to this
conclusion by a
special investigation of the historical emergence of role-playing. In
contrast to the view
that role playing is an eternal extra-historical phenomenon, we hypothesized
that role playing emerged at a specific stage of social development, as the
child's position in society changed
in the course of history. role-playing is an activity that is social in
origin and,
consequently, social in content."

                              D. B. El'konin