suing for libelous comments

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 17:05:16 PDT

Thanks forn pointer to problems of citation, Geoff. I assume situations
in different countries are mutually informative and all point to being
self concious about one's communicative behavior. Global villages are
no more respective of privacy etc than small, face-to-face hamlets, and
no more immune from conflict.

Here in the US we have special committees who review all research from
a "protecting human rights" perspective. Do check out that article in
the Handbook of Child Psychology for an update on the local issues if
you are interested. I think that are as interesting as they are sad.
mike