Matvey's observations

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 09:48:57 PST

Unless I miss my guess, Matvey, Leigh's concerns with an
ecological disaster as the future sort of follows from yours
as middel-class=consumption when intellectual labor pays
for the consumption.

It sort of makes clear the schooling-IQ-income nexus. Like
the American comic, Richard Pryor liked to ask, "which way
is up?".

A way that leads to ecological disaster is not, in my opinion
"up." It takes great thinking and a lot of luck to be able to
both make money and provide alternative future we would want
our grandchildren to live with, and theirs, a least.

Good thing "the future" is an illusion, and open. Too bad
only time will tell.

mike