genres

From: Leigh Star (lstar@ucsd.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 10:47:11 PST

Hi, Appropos of our discussion of genres, I particularly like the work of
JoAnne Yates and Wanda Orlikowski:

Yates, JoAnne and Wanda J. Orlikowski. 1992. 'Genres of Organizational
Communication: A Structurational Approach to Studying Communication and
Media.' In Academy of Management Review 17: 299-326.

Yates, JoAnne, Wanda Orlikowski, and Julie Rennecker. 1997. 'Collaborative
Genres for Collaboration: Genre Systems in Digital Media.' In Proceedings
of the Thirtieth Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences.
IEEE Computer Society Press, 1997.

L*
Susan Leigh Star, Professor
Department of Communication