Re: The internet and disinformation

From: Ken Goodman (kgoodman@u.arizona.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 18:05:42 PST

Perhaps Martin Ryder thought I said misinformation. I was talking about
disinformation- deliberate lies and distortions to influence people's
understandings and beliefs. When the sources of such disinformation are
highly funded and well connected think tanks and the projects they spawn
they are able to use democratic freedoms to destroy democratic freedom.
Even well educated people can be taken in by the slick multimedia
packaging of very deliberate disinformation. Let the buyer beware never
worked very well before propaganda went high tech.
Ken Goodman