Re: where's the agency?

Martin ELLISON (martin who-is-at mpce.mq.edu.au)
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 17:19:52 +1100

I had written:
Mike Cole wrote:
> Is the student the arbiter of academic success in Australia? That sounds
> like a really interesting reversal of much that I see around me in the U.S.

I have been away from the keyboard for a few days and the discussion has
moved on, but briefly, the student has their educational objectives and
they evaluate their education as to how well it met those objectives.
Perhaps I should have expressed it as "education is for the students"
(or should it be?).