RE: hands up

Eugene Matusov (ematusov who-is-at UDel.Edu)
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 13:03:36 -0500

Hi Anton and everybody--

Can you elaborate on your dissertation research, please? How do you defi=
ne
"agency"?

I'm interested in the notion of agency in educational contexts.
Specifically, I want to focus on educational philosophy that prioritizes
promotion of students' and teacher's agency. I'm interested in the concep=
of agency as special discourse, activity design, and relationships. I'd
appreciate sharing of your research and ideas as well as ideas of other
people.

Have a nice weekend you all,

Eugene
PS Reading Diane's message about her being "an eternal graduate student,"=
came to a conclusion that the word "professor" consists of two words
"professional" and "student". Still the unresolved problem for me is:
should be an eternal graduate student called "professor" or a professor
called "eternal graduate student"? I need help on that, colleagues,... :=
-)

Eugene Matusov
School of Education
University of Delaware