Re: Of forks and computers

Naoki Ueno (nueno who-is-at nier.go.jp)
Fri, 15 May 1998 22:28:22 +0900

At 0:29 PM 5/15/98 +0200, Eva Ekeblad wrote:
>In fork-lasagna situations that are not just made-up examples there are SO
>many things going on at once. And when it comes to computer use, boundaries
>may be even less clear?

Eva,

How about an accouts book or such kind of artifact?
How about a map?
Are they similar to computer?

Can an acccount book be regarded just as representation of real "object"?
Or is an account book part of reality in commercial activity?
(I remembered Callon' s phrase "economics does not reflect reality of
economical activity but is part of reality" .)

An account book should be regarded as a tool or as part of reality, or both?
That is the question.

Naoki Ueno
NIER, Tokyo