Re: ellenl who-is-at ksu.edu (Ellen Larsen)

Eva Ekeblad (eva.ekeblad who-is-at ped.gu.se)
Fri, 26 Sep 1997 21:54:41 +0200

At 09.10 -0700 97-09-26, Katherine Brown wrote:
>I think Ellen was asking what the self description section should
>include. What brings you to xmca, what do you want to talk about,
>what kind of work interests you, etc. I think...
>Katherine Brown

I think so too, Katherine. But I still cannot quite make sense of Ellen's
question. It's not as if the listserv sits there as a clerk on the other
side of the desk, pushing the entrance form over to you, and you point to
that blank space and ask "Is this where I sign my name?"

If it isn't clear to people who join that it's an automatic procedure in
spite of it's two-step character -- if they think the "clerk" will answer
their questions so they can tidy up the doc before submitting it "for real"
THEN it's not a very good procedure, is it?

>>At 08.20 +0200 97-09-26, Eva Ekeblad wrote:
>>>At 16.02 -0500 97-09-25, Ellen Larsen wrote:
>>>So what do you want here??
>>
>>Who is supposed to want something? And where?
>>
>>Eva

Sorry for embarrassing Ellen, though. Never liked going through that
entrance ceremony myself, although it's nice to have the self-descriptions
of others.

Eva