[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: "Like" the Dialogic Pedagogy Journal" Facebook page!!
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: "Like" the Dialogic Pedagogy Journal" Facebook page!!
- From: mike cole <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 19:55:46 -0800
- Cc: Eugene Matusov <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, Yifat Kolikant <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <5469E3CA-35FF-49D5-9F72-595C5A5C5801@gmail.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <5469E3CA-35FF-49D5-9F72-595C5A5C5801@gmail.com>
- Reply-to: <email@example.com>, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: <email@example.com>
On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 7:30 PM, Ana Marjanovic-Shane
> Dear XMCA-ers,
> Some of you are probably familiar with the Dialogic Pedagogy Journal on
> Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/DialogicPedagogyJournal). "Like" this
> page on the Facebook if you are interested in discussions on Dialogic
> Pedagogy issues. You will be notified when something is posted there, and
> you are welcome to post and respond as you see fit.
> These posts are also linked and published on DPJ Twitter:
> Here is a small selection of the latest posts:
> DPJ: "Objective" means "deadly" (i.e., without an alive subjectivity).
> DPJ: #Cohen, L.: "The developmental view of play, according to
> #Sutton-Smith, 'is an ideology for the conquest of children’s behavior
> through organizing their play' (2001, 205). In contrast, a Bakhtinian
> carnivalesque perspective of play and language examines self in the
> relation to the language and actions of others" (2011, 177)
> DPJ: Crisis of conventional schooling. Many people claim that there is
> school crisis but they cite different evidence for this:
> Evidence: Low test scores. Remedy: Teach to the test.
> Evidence: Alumni don’t remember much after school graduation. Remedy:
> Improve memorization.
> Evidence: High dropout rate. Remedy: Keep students in school by rewards
> and punishments.
> Evidence: Lack of conceptual understanding. Remedy: Promote students’
> interested questions.
> Evidence: Alienation. Remedy: Engage students in defining curriculum.
> Evidence: Lack of studies. Remedy: Pay students for their learning.
> Evidence: Lack of ownership for their learning. Remedy: Promote students’
> authorial agency.
> Evidence: Lack of cooperation with the teachers’ demands. Remedy: A system
> of rewards and punishments.
> Evidence: School violence. Remedy: Forced exclusion.
> Other definitions of school crisis?
> To see comments on these postings, please go to the Facebook page.
> Do you think that there is an intersection of relevant topics between XMCA
> and DPJ?