RE: [xmca] Lewin and unification of the social sciences

thanks, Andy  -  Putnam i know and have, and can reread him.

phillip
From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu [xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Andy Blunden [ablunden@mira.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 7:11 AM
To: White, Phillip
Cc: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: Re: [xmca] Lewin and unification of the social sciences

Apologies (I had returned the book to the library and it was a long time
ago).
The term is "long civic generation," and it is proposed in "Bowling
Alone" by Robert Putnam.
If you do a google search for "long civic generation" you will find what
you need.

Andy
<http://www.academia.edu/3746209/Social_Solidarity_versus_Social_Capital_>
White, Phillip wrote:
> Andy, you wrote:
>
> snip
>
> Greg, people in the social cohesion business record that from the
> mid-1930s till the late 1950s (in the US) there was what they call "the
> long communitarian generation", after which life descended into
> liberalism, with signs of recovery only in the past couple of decades.
>
> snip
>
> in my ignorance of this period of american history i had no recognition of what you're describing here - so i googled "the long communitarian generation" and nothing really came up that i could attach meaning to.  so, who are the "they" that you are referring to?  references to names would be a help for me here.
>
> thanks,
>
> phillip

*Andy Blunden*
Home Page: http://home.mira.net/~andy/