[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[xmca] Dialogic Pedagogy Institute - Announcement and call for proposals (New Deadline)
- To: Xmca <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Beth Ferholt <email@example.com>, Monica Nilsson <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Anna Rainio <email@example.com>, Kiyotaka Miyazaki <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Susan Davis <email@example.com>, Satu-Mari Korhonen <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Hannah Grainger Clemson <email@example.com>
- Subject: [xmca] Dialogic Pedagogy Institute - Announcement and call for proposals (New Deadline)
- From: Ana Marjanovic-Shane <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 12:40:16 -0400
- Cc: Jayne White <email@example.com>, "Brian W. Edmiston" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Viv Aitken <VMCK@waikato.ac.nz>
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=from:content-type:subject:date:message-id:cc:to:mime-version :x-mailer; bh=1N5nbLPlCTRq8b4ok+Kk9aLzLfQpxkgGS70RDRX5rx4=; b=L8PObxR1ga753zn+ohj+3G+XsYGbaXUfAF//225I+bFvl1zAkjGgSyLc3P9iG7BY4i R7ZBSEQNgXDNyElRTc7EzZ6DvXG5OggoXjN0Kq5edAHTyMiJ+Ne2xGQyYef+hSdxllXo 2ybj7G0Q/D3ut1bs1u3uVURmxaqoIWUaO6W050HWq7Xbt8gODWub+Mb5GSEQ1M7Dif80 n6r3xI9QASdFf6WM695wpAvQkArBGHbiwkNH23Gtoo4pjY4PNVmjqCktjMzMdw22GYBD weafFpkVBAZl0SmHtqVdaDN2W0jQ7C4M4u4b1qURPhJL/H95MrqJeYKi+zSxLmggzjBn ax+Q==
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS: DIALOGIC PEDAGOGY INSTITUTE – January 18-19, 2014, Waikato Tainui College for Research and Development, Hopuhopu in Taupiri, New Zealand - in conjunction with the Perspectives and Limits in Mikhail Bakhtin Conference (Jan 15-17) http://mikhailbakhtin4.blogspot.com/p/dialogic-pedagogy-institute.html
We invite you to join us for the Dialogic Pedagogy Institute (DPI) which will be held on Saturday 18th-Sunday 19th January 2014 at Waikato Tainui College for Research and Development at Hopuhopu in Taupiri, New Zealand.
Send your proposals by October 1, 2013 to: Jayne White (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The proposal should include the following details:
Name(s) of presenter(s) and organizational affiliation, country of residence
Format of the presentation (paper, workshop, demonstration, interview, round table, brainstorming session, etc)
Between 100 and 500 word abstract outlining the topic and the content of the presentation
Selected references (optional)
IT requirements (use of video, data projector, sound and / or whiteboard)
Dialogic Pedagogy Institute is a gathering of teachers, professors and other educationalists to share and showcase a variety of dialogic teaching practices and challenges. We define "dialogic pedagogy" in a broad sense, including many educational approaches, philosophies and practices, for instance:
Epistemological and Ontological dialogic pedagogies, Playworlds pedagogy, Inquiry Learning, Curriculum Integration Approach, Process Drama, Mantle of the Expert and other dramatic pedagogies, Experiential learning approaches, Orff Schulwerk, Reggio-inspired pedagogy, Waldorf Education, Free and democratic school approaches (Summerhill, Sudbury Valley), Project based learning, Te Kotahitanga, Te Whåriki, and others…
We encourage you to participate in DPI either with a prepared presentation or without a pre-planned one, relying on your experiences at the moment and improvisation.
Send your proposals representing a broad range of practical, theoretical, conceptual, and/or methodological perspectives on dialogism and related educational approaches.
We also strongly encourage you to move beyond traditional paper presentations. We welcome innovative formats for presentations: workshops, dialogic classes, brainstorming sessions, provocative discussions, debates, questions & answer. We will create sessions ranging in time from 30-90 minutes and we may group people together depending on topic and/or format.
A special issue of Dialogic Pedagogy Journal will be crafted from the Dialogic Pedagogy Institute presentations and provocations. Participants of DPI are encouraged to submit their manuscripts to the Dialogic Pedagogy Journal to be considered for publication in this special issue.
With hope that you will participate,
Ana Marjanovic-Shane, Brian Edmiston and Viv Aitken
Dialogic Pedagogy Institute Co-Organizers
Deputy Editor-in-Chief, Dialogic Pedagogy Journal
Associate Professor of Education
Chestnut Hill College