[xmca] Dialogic Pedagogy Institute - Announcement and call for proposals (New Deadline)

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS: DIALOGIC PEDAGOGY INSTITUTE – January 18-19, 2014, Waikato Tainui College for Research and Development, Hopuhopu in Taupiri, New Zealand - in conjunction with the Perspectives and Limits in Mikhail Bakhtin Conference  (Jan 15-17) http://mikhailbakhtin4.blogspot.com/p/dialogic-pedagogy-institute.html

We invite you to join us for the Dialogic Pedagogy Institute (DPI) which will be held on Saturday 18th-Sunday 19th January 2014 at Waikato Tainui College for Research and Development at Hopuhopu in Taupiri, New Zealand.

Send your proposals by October 1, 2013 to: Jayne White (whiteej@waikato.ac.nz).

The proposal should include the following details:
Name(s) of presenter(s) and organizational affiliation, country of residence
Format of the presentation (paper, workshop, demonstration, interview, round table, brainstorming session, etc)
Between 100 and 500 word abstract outlining the topic and the content of the presentation
Selected references (optional)
IT requirements (use of video, data projector, sound and / or whiteboard)

Dialogic Pedagogy Institute  is a gathering of teachers, professors and other educationalists to share and showcase a variety of dialogic teaching practices and challenges. We define "dialogic pedagogy" in a broad sense, including many educational approaches, philosophies and practices, for instance:

Epistemological and Ontological dialogic pedagogies, Playworlds pedagogy, Inquiry Learning, Curriculum Integration Approach, Process Drama, Mantle of the Expert and other dramatic pedagogies, Experiential learning approaches, Orff Schulwerk, Reggio-inspired pedagogy, Waldorf Education, Free and democratic school approaches (Summerhill, Sudbury Valley), Project based learning, Te Kotahitanga, Te Whåriki, and others…

We encourage you to participate in DPI either with a prepared presentation or without a pre-planned one, relying on your experiences at the moment and improvisation.

Send your proposals representing a broad range of practical, theoretical, conceptual, and/or methodological perspectives on dialogism and related educational approaches.

We also strongly encourage you to move beyond traditional paper presentations. We welcome innovative formats for presentations: workshops, dialogic classes, brainstorming sessions, provocative discussions, debates, questions & answer. We will create sessions ranging in time from 30-90 minutes and we may group people together depending on topic and/or format.

A special issue of Dialogic Pedagogy Journal will be crafted from the Dialogic Pedagogy Institute presentations and provocations. Participants of DPI are encouraged to submit their manuscripts to the Dialogic Pedagogy Journal to be considered for publication in this special issue.

With hope that you will participate,

Ana Marjanovic-Shane, Brian Edmiston and Viv Aitken

Dialogic Pedagogy Institute Co-Organizers

Ana Marjanovic-Shane
Deputy Editor-in-Chief, Dialogic Pedagogy Journal
Associate Professor of Education
Chestnut Hill College
Emails: anamshane@gmail.com
		shaneam@chc.edu