RE: [xmca] proper citation method

Thanks, Andy.
David

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Andy Blunden
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:50 AM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: Re: [xmca] proper citation method

Once the message is archived on http://lchc.ucsd.edu/MCA/Mail/index.html
you can cite the URL in the normal way with date of access. That is preferable to citing an email message, since it is available for readers. Since the URL is public there is not strictly a requirement to ask the author's permission, but I think it would be polite to do so.

Andy

David H Kirshner wrote:
> I'm wanting to cite a statement in the XMCA archives.
> First, do I need to get the author's permission?
> Second, could someone suggest the correct APA format for this?
> Thanks.
> David

*Andy Blunden*
Home Page: http://home.mira.net/~andy/