[xmca] Fwd: [liberationtech] Dissertation defense talk on One Laptop Per Child Monday, May 6, 12pm

This might be of interest to some of you.
mike

I am thrilled to announce that I will be defending my dissertation, *From
MIT to Paraguay: A Critical Historical and Ethnographic Analysis of One
Laptop Per Child, *at noon on May 6, 2013. The first portion of my defense
is a public talk and all are welcome to attend (and there will be food!).
Details are below. Please add yourself to the Facebook invite at
https://www.facebook.com/events/440879955993620/ or the Google+ invite at
https://plus.google.com/events/can6q664pea0ta5epvdhc7mqqes so I know how
much food to order and chairs to put out.

   - *What*: Morgan's dissertation defense
   - *When*: Monday, May 6, 2013, 12pm-1pm (public talk/questions)
   - *Where*: Mendenhall Library, 101a McClatchy Hall (building 120 in the
   main quad), Stanford, CA.
   - *Who*: me! <http://morganya.org/> Also my advisor
Fred<http://fredturner.stanford.edu/>; my
   committee Cliff <http://www.stanford.edu/~nass/>,
Jeremy<http://comm.stanford.edu/faculty-bailenson/>
   , Tanya<https://www.stanford.edu/dept/anthropology/cgi-bin/web/?q=node/105>
    and John <https://ed.stanford.edu/faculty/willinsk>; and my outside
   chair Scott <http://hci.stanford.edu/srk/>. And hopefully you!
   - *Why*: because I'm FINALLY FINISHING yo. And I'll be serving up some
   yummy lunch stuff if you come to listen to my talk.

In addition to (or instead of) watching my defense, join me later that
afternoon, at 4pm, at Martins West Gastropub (http://www.martinswestgp.com)
at 831 Main Street in Redwood City for drinks in either celebration or
condolences. Note that Martins West has free corkage for Monday happy hour!
Again, please add yourself to the Facebook invite at
https://www.facebook.com/events/530231990360654/ or the Google+ invite at
https://plus.google.com/events/cu8i2222i2f22nhihk8r32ulslo so I have an
approximate headcount.

Maps, directions, and more information at
http://research.morganya.org/defense.html

Cheers,
Morgan