Re: [xmca] Re: Lytical

Andy

I'm not sure if what I am going to discuss fits this topic or not.
I have been wondering about the centrality of *fluency* as a key component
of early reading. Fluency as a construct involves rate,  [automaticity]
accuracy, and prosody.
Recently *prosody* and its centrality to developing reading skill is being
lytically explored.
Prosody involves intonation and *pausing* as markers of turn taking in
communicative acts.
Bakhtin's construct of *answerability* as central to utterances [turn
taking within communicative acts] also involves *intonation* and *prosody*
as central and primary.

Intonation and prosody express the emotional aspect of communicative acts
as forms of *conversation* which is Gadamer's central notion within
philosophical hermeneutics.

I have been wondering if anyone is linking up the centrality of prosody
[intonation and pausing as emotional markers] within BOTH conversational
utterances  and early reading instruction.

The suffix *lytical* meaning to dissolve or loosen and the notion of
*pausing* or *gaps* within communicative acts as *answerability* may share
common features.

Is there such a word as dia-lytical?? [dia meaning seeing through]
Seeing through loosening and dissolving - NOT overcoming??

This is very stream of consciousness but I'm asking myself these questions
so thought I would think out loud.

Larry