Re: [xmca] For the musicians

Hi again,

I put this link on my facebook page and Gloria Quinones commented "That's
what I call perezhivanie!" I'd love for you to explain what you meant by
that comment here Gloria - but it made me think not so much about the
perezhivanie of the little boy, but about our perezhivanie as we watched it.
As a musician, my previous experiences certainly gave me a unique
interpretation of what was going on which would not necessarily be
appreciated or understood in the same way by somebody who has never been
conducted or tried to conduct an orchestra, yet their own experiences and
expertise in other areas of life would no doubt lead to other equally
interesting and emotionally stirring responses and interpretations.

Whose perezhivanie were you referring to Gloria? The boy's or yours? I'd
love to hear about other people's perezhivanie (emotional experience) as you
watched it and how it is informed by your previous experiences (with music,
young children, videoing, having a runny nose in public, dropping things,
being in hysterics, prodigies, performing etc, etc). What resonates with you
and why? Maybe this might help us work out what we mean by perezhivanie?

Cheers,
Helen