Re: [xmca] For the musicians

My personal experience of the video clip involved ways that watching the boy conductor enhanced my experience of this music, which I am very fond of. I found myself reading his motions and listening to the music through his ears and body, especially places where he was anticipating changes - for example, the way he would increase the agitation of the baton and his arms as the music went from soft to loud in some of the great crescendo moments, seeming to push the music forward and to greater heights with his own determination and enthusiasm. A great reminder to listen to, appreciate and truly feel music - and of the power of anticipation.

- Steve