[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [xmca] tracking changing terms in the literature


You might look into the Corpus of Contemporary American English (
http://corpus.byu.edu/coca/) or another corpus that includes longitudinal
data to see when this shift started. Just start searching for 'professional
development' and 'professional learning' as your keywords and look to see
what dates and in what publications the two terms appear. Could be
informative !


On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 9:16 PM, Helen Grimmett

> Hi everyone,
> I'm wondering if anyone can help me work out a way to find out when the
> educational research literature started moving away from the term
> 'professional development' and began using 'professional learning'? I
> vaguely remember someone talking here about some sort of web program that
> could do this but I can't even work out what words to use to google such a
> thing! Maybe there is even an easy way to do this without special software
> that my post-ISCAR jet-lagged brain just cannot fathom at the moment!
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
> Helen
> --
> Helen Grimmett
> PhD Student, Teaching Associate
> Faculty of Education
> Monash University, Peninsula Campus
> __________________________________________
> _____
> xmca mailing list
> xmca@weber.ucsd.edu
> http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca

Rémi A. van Compernolle
PhD Candidate in Applied Linguistics
Department of Applied Linguistics
The Pennsylvania State University
xmca mailing list