Re: [xmca] Collective Experience vs. Individual Experience?

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011, Gregory Allan Thompson wrote:

Tony, Andy, and mike,

I'd love to hear more of a discussion of Volosinov. Do you feel like what you are saying is fundamentally different from V.?

-greg

Thanks, Greg, this is all very helpful.

I haven't read Volosinov for a very long time, but that's obviously something that I need to return to when I get a chance.

Also, to clarify one of my examples: this doesn't affect the soundness of your analysis at all, but I meant to refer to Californians who were not refused admission to the California system, but who would be qualified but are now excluded by changes in the financial burdens over recent years.