Returning from Rome to the US Re: [xmca] ISCAR

A little advisory based on my experience 2 years ago:

There's a terror alert in the US now based on "credible but unconfirmed" information for the period around the tenth anniversary of 9/11.

In 2009 I had not thought about the coincidence of dates when I booked my return from Cape Town on a flight to Washington's Dulles airport that departed Johannesburg on Sept 10 and then departed Dakar after refueling on September 11.

There was no alert then, but I assume it was because of the date that there were tons of extra security procedures both in Johannesburg and in Dakar.

So ... I would just suggest being prepared for things to take more time than usual, and not packing anything that could trigger any kind of suspicion.

just sayin ...

Tony Whitson
UD School of Education
NEWARK  DE  19716