Re: [xmca] ISCAR

Yes, once the camera was turned then we get the audio and video. I turned on my video capture software in time to pick up the end of the 9am session, all of the 10am session and the award to Mariance Hedegaard. But then when I looked at the file (which has to be rendered, a time-consuming process) I find that I am only capturing the audio. The video is all black. Something to do with the software used to stream the live video. I record the "screen" which seems to capture things which are displayed within the browser window, but not what gets displayed in the windows media player. So the capturing is no good.

Andy

Carol Macdonald wrote:
Hi, we have just seen Marianne Hedegaard win the service medal to ISCAR,
which she didn't know about and she is such a stalwart that she deserves
over and over!!

Elinor Ochs is from linguistic/cultural anthropology, which I think may be
seen to be hostile to to study of language: that we stand on the same
platform as her is a testament to the breath and width of CHAT, but does
leave me puzzled. Yes, she does try to rescue language.

Carol