RE: [xmca] What's wrong with test-score-driven schooling

A very nice piece Tony - easy to understand. Lends itself to lots of
discussion points in the classroom. I'll try it out with some preservice
teachers this semester. It also helps to understand, generally, the way
a research article in one field can become generalized to another field
- here I am thinking about research in neuroscience in particular and
the way it becomes generalized and then the generalization appropriated
into the field of education.
~em

Emily Duvall, PhD
Assistant Professor of Curriculum & Instruction
Assistant Professor of Neuroscience
Director, Northwest Inland Writing Project
Program Coordinator, Elementary Education
University of Idaho, Coeur d'Alene
1031 North Academic Way, Suite 242 | Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814
T 208 292 2512 | F 208 667 5275 emily@uidaho.edu | www.cda.uidaho.edu

He only earns his freedom and his life, who takes them every day by
storm.
-- Johann Wolfgang Goethe