[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[xmca] Call for Hosts - CSCL 2013
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, AERA-C@listserv.aera.net, Activity eXtended Mind Culture <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [xmca] Call for Hosts - CSCL 2013
- From: Bill Sandoval <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 11:54:46 -0800
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
[apologies for cross-posting]
The Conference Committee and the CSCL Committee of the International
Society for the Learning Sciences invite proposals from organizations
interested in hosting the Computer Supported Collaborative Learning
conference in 2013.
The CSCL conference series is dedicated to the advancement of inter-
disciplinary research on practices of learning and meaning-making in
the context of joint activity and the ways in which these practices
are mediated through designed artifacts. The first CSCL conference
took place at Indiana University in 1995. Subsequent meetings have
been held at the University of Toronto (1997), Stanford University
(1999), University of Maastricht (2000), University of Colorado at
Boulder (2002), the University of Bergen (2003), in Taipei (2005)
hosted by National Central University, at Rutgers University (2007),
at University of the Aegean in Rhodes (2009), and at the University of
Hong Kong (2011). Past CSCL conferences have typically had 300-400
people in attendance.
Proposals for CSCL 2013 are solicited from sites all around the world.
The committees expect to rotate the regional hosts so that the CSCL
conference is accessible to researchers throughout the CSCL community.
We particularly encourage proposals from the Americas for 2013, but
all proposals will be considered.
Preliminary proposal: Interested potential organizers are asked to
submit a preliminary proposal by February 28, 2011. The preliminary
proposal is a one-page letter of intent that should include a brief
statement of the proposed theme for the conference, a range of dates
that can be accommodated, strengths of the organizers, advantages of
the proposed hosting institution, benefits of the location, and any
special opportunities offered by the surrounding areas.
Full proposal: As many as 3 potential organizers may be invited to
submit a full proposal. Detailed guidelines for full proposals will be
provided by ISLS to those invited to submit a full proposal. A copy of
the completed proposal, together with a signed cover letter from the
local organizer(s) should be submitted by April 30, 2011.
The winning bid to host CSCL 20123 will be publicly announced at
CSCL2011, to be held 4 – 8 July, 2011, in Hong Kong, China.
Interested organizations should submit preliminary proposals to
William Sandoval, ISLS Conference Committee chair, at email@example.com
. Guidelines for proposals are available upon request. Please contact
Prof. Sandoval with any questions.
ISLS Conference Committee Chair
Graduate School of Education & Information Studies
University of California, Los Angeles, USA
310.794.5431 (voice) 310.206.6293 (fax)
xmca mailing list