[xmca] Imitation and the Zoped: Time to summarize?

It is my sense that perhaps we have reached a plateau in our discussion of
Imitation and the Zoped.
We have a number of examples of different "kinds" of imitation. But
surprisingly (why did I not see this coming?) we were less clear about zoped
than imitation, and perhaps owing to this lack of clarity we veered of to
consider (e.g., we used the method of dual stimulation on ourselves)
imagination and creativity as a way of better specifying the senses in which
we meant "imitation."

The question for me is, where to now? My intuition tells me that we ought to
consolidate our accumulated material about imitation in relation to
imagination and creativity and then return to consider what a zoped is (I am
talking about pedagogy with a little magic here, Lois, since it is part of
my understand  of the ZBR, but can translate among acronyms if they do not
proliferate too much!)
:-)

I am pretty clear about David's advice that take the unconcious/conscioius
distinction seriously. It is going to become important when we think about
imitation vis a vis the zoped.It is my sense that we are collectively
unclear on  this score. Ana ( I think! So many interesting notes), suggested
that even adults may (perhaps must) imitate unconsciously as a condition of
social interaction. That accords with my experience in dealing in a local
language that is not my own and a variety of unsystematic observations that
Ana's note brings to mind. Ana also reminds of the many social-pragmatic
functions of different kinds of imitation, making any hard and fast scale
difficult to create.

Now all we need is for the New Year's Fairy to jump up and hand us a
summary!