Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 16:51:29 -0800
From: lpurss@shaw.ca
Subject: Re: RE: [xmca] Zhozephina Shif – something in English?
To: xmca@weber.ucsd.edu

Achilles
Thanks for your response and dialogue about "traditions"  My term "conversations" was suggested as an experience-near and personal way way of expressing an intuition I have about this dynamic process.  The term "dialogue does point to the wisdom in the "tradition" we are articulating and elaborating and it captures the essence of what I was expressing in the term "conversation"
Your elaboration of the COMPLEXITY of all the variables that must be considered within dialogue does speak to the emergence of CRITICAL THINKING as entertaining various perspectives.  I agree with you that we are not talking about relativism but rather Discourses

Larry