Re: [xmca] Re: literacy? and its meanings

Sure, I can agree with all of that, Jay.
For the blind literacy is not visual.
For those who cannot decode KILL THE DEVILS, there is not problem seeing
the squiggles. I have taught decoding visual advertisements, written an
article
on print and film, and like to think that I at least sort of understand a
tad
of the contemporary discourse (chatter?) about post-print literacies.

Are you proposing that without print literacy we would have pencilin or
quantum mechanics?

Regressive in so cal.
mike

But where I get off the train is