RE: [xmca] Inappropriate affect

Hello David:

I don't have an extensive investment in whether culture is the leading
force of human development or whether individual drives have provided the
impetus for cultural development.  I suspect it is an intertwining of the
two.  Similar to Jaan Valsiner's theory laid out in The Guided Mind.

I should also mention that others on XMCA have never joined in my desire
to explore Luria's combined motor method (emotoins play an important part
in this) as a technique for studying human development but I suspect that
if systematically utilized in socio-cultural experiments it may provide
insight into this question.

thank you for your response, it is enjoyable to have a discussion,
eric

"David H Kirshner" <dkirsh@lsu.edu>
Sent by: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu
12/08/2009 04:22 PM
Please respond to "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity"