Re: [xmca] Emotions and Culture

Yes, for Hegel when Spirit first manifests itself out of
Nature it is in the form of Feeling arising from a
Nature-given physical body. But really, this is just the
point where Hegel makes his biggest mistakes, he thinks the
human body emerges directly as a thing of Nature, rather
than being a product of culture.

Andy

ERIC.RAMBERG@spps.org wrote:
Andy; you and I have discussed much of CHAT and have come to agreements
about a great deal concerning the definitions pertaining to CHAT but when
it comes to true emotions you have yours and I have mine.  Hegel I believe
spoke of them as the Spirit.
eric