[xmca] Gratier, Greenfield, & Isaac

I don't know how many people have yet had a chance to look at the MCA article-of-the-month (Gratier, Greenfield, & Isaac on communicative habitus and attunement in classrooms).

I must have missed something, so could someone explain to me how they derive the hypothesis that the more culturally attuned classroom will have more criticism (by the teacher? or by everyone?) and less praise, than the mismatched classroom?

And what do you think generally about the methodology in this work?

JAY.

Jay Lemke
Professor (Adjunct, 2009-2010)
Educational Studies
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
www.umich.edu/~jaylemke

Visiting Scholar
Laboratory for Comparative Human Communication
University of California -- San Diego
La Jolla, CA
USA 92093