Re: [xmca] Re: Kant and the Strange Situation

Great to bring this work back into the discussion, David. But it would be
really helpful if you could pursue its history in the U.S. where it there is
a fair amount of literature that claims "failure to replicate." These
include a monograph
by John Flavell and colleagues from the 1970's (I think), the work of Larry
Wilder, some of which appeared in Soviet Psychology during the last
millenium. Gail Zivin edited a book on this topic, and it has received play
by
Laura Berk and others more recently.

There are big problems with claims of "failure to replicate" which Anton has
been involved with vis a vis other studies from the 1930's-40's and the
entire area needs serious attention. But now to organize it, and
particularly, with
respect to the essential issues you have raised about the centrality of
signification and generalization????
mike