Re: [xmca] Book Reviews!

From: deborah downing-wilson <ddowningw who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jul 23 2008 - 14:16:57 PDT

Hi Tammy,

As soon as my orals are over (Aug 21, Yikes!) I would like to review Henry
Plotkin's last book, Necessary Knowledge. I may have talked to you earlier
about this...Mike suggested I do this since Henry was my advisor in
London...

Thanks,

Deb

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Tamara Jackson <tamarajeanjackson@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear XMCA Members,
>
> Copied below is a list of books we are considering for review in Mind,
> Culture, and Activity. Please take a look and consider reviewing one
> of the following:
>
> John Hartley
> Television Truths
> Blackwell 2008
> Pg. 270
>
> H. R. Ekbia
> Artificial Dreams: The Quest for Non-Biological Intelligence
> Cambridge, 2008
> Pp. 330
>
> Anssi, Perakyla, Charles Antaki, Sanna Vehvilainen, and Ivan Leudar (eds.)
> Conversation Analysis and Psychotherapy
> Cambridge, 2008
> Pp. 200
>
> W. Peter Robinson
> Arguing to Better Conclusions
> Lawrence Erlbaum, 2006
> Pp. 125
>
> Gun R. Semin and Eliot R. Smith
> Embodied Grounding
> 2008
>
> Jeremy Carrette
> Religion and Critical Psychology: The Ethics of Not-Knowing in the
> Knowledge Economy
> 2008
>
> Jonathan E. Adler and Lance J. Rips (Eds.)
> Reasoning: Studies of Human Inference and its Foundations
> Cambridge 2008
>
> If you are interested in reviewing please let me know as soon as
> possible and I will send you a review copy of the book by mail. We
> would like to receive the completed review in approximately three
> months from the date you receive the book, but this is negotiable. The
> review copy of the book will be yours to keep.
>
> To volunteer as a reviewer, please send me a note at
> tamarajeanjackson@gmail.com. In the subject of your e-mail, please
> write: "Wish to review."
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> Tamara :)
>

> --
> Tamara Jackson
> Mind, Culture, and Activity Journal
> University of California, San Diego
> 9500 Gilman Drive
> La Jolla, CA 92093-0506
> Cell: 858-361-6633
> Office: 858-534-4006
> Fax: 858-534-7746
> tamarajeanjackson@gmail.com

Deborah Downing Wilson
Laboratory for Comparative Human Cognition
University of California San Diego