[xmca] Fundamental Questions

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Mon Sep 03 2007 - 14:28:05 PDT

We all learn through teaching, Mike, and you are lucky to have students
asking fundamental questions.

I am not sure precisely what you mean by social constructivism, and will see
what others have to say since I am guessing that the answers are going to
vary a lot. (And I have a LOT of reading to do to get ready to teach
classes in a couple of weeks!, and Tony's query re joint mediated activity
to deal with!). So I took the following
dodge thinking it might be helpful to you.

1) I googled leontiev ontology and found a lot of info. This site directly
addresses your question from the
perspective of a leading activity theorist.
http://informationr.net/ir/12-3/Karpatschof/Chapter_2.pdf

2) I googled the lchc site itself (google on home page) for
individual/collective. There has been a lot
of discussion here about that. (I do not know the way to create that
directly vertical symbol that michael
roth and others do to indicate a dialectic unity of opposites). Anyway,
googling just the lchc site
works well.

good luck!
mikec