Re: [xmca] Psyche Mining - Cross Culture Decision Making Activities

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jun 26 2007 - 13:49:03 PDT

Interesting entry into XMCA, Naeem.
I am reasonably acquainted with both Friedman's writing and the research on
cognitive styles to which
you refer. While I find both areas interesting and challenging, I do not
think either can be understood
in the more or less blanket terms that you use. And I am virtually certain
that there is no clear connection
between the basic research on West-vs-the-rest cognitive styles from
quesionaires and experimental
tasks to business applications of the kind you are concerned with.

Do you know of any successful such applications?

mike cole