Re: [xmca] question

From: Martin Packer (packer@duq.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 23 2006 - 12:41:35 PST

Anna,

I think Eirik was talking specifically of an axiological binary, i.e. of
binary value judgments: good/bad; sacred/evil, and the like. I didn't hear
him applying a good/bad evaluation to his West/East binary distinction.

That's not to deny that in the West we've had more than our share in recent
years of simplistic, so-called Manichean (but cf
http://hnn.us/articles/7202.html) good/evil evaluations.

Martin