From: "del Valle, Rodrigo Tomas" <rdelvall@indiana.edu>
To: <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2004 4:24 PM
Subject: RE: new barab et al book

Hi,

I am Rodrigo del Valle from Indiana University (originally from Chile
:-)    I have been an "observer" of the XMCA list for some months now
and I have enjoyed it  :-)

I read most of Sasha's new edited book over the summer and I think there
is nothing on chat there... Two or three chapters mention the tool but I
think that's it. Even in the case of the two chapters about Tapped-In
(Mark Schlager and Judi Fusco, and James Gray and Deborah Tatar), which
is an environment that uses chat, there is no discussion about it. To be
honest it doesn't surprise me because so far I haven't really seen a
good example of using chat to support learning in a meaningful way.

Rodrigo
Rodrigo del Valle - rdelvall@indiana.edu
IST Doctoral Student
Center for Research on Learning and Technology
LTTS Staff http://ltts.indiana.edu
School of Education
Indiana University
www.iub.edu