Re: social relations and mediation

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon May 31 2004 - 15:37:48 PDT

I am not other folks, nancy. The issue you raise is very important to me
at least.

I would suggest that your students look at a concrete example of how to
combine peron-mediated and (in this case) text mediated "readings of the
world" in the service of good pedagogy. The example is called question
asking reading and it appears in several places. I concise description is
givn in *Cultural Psychology*, chapter 8 I believe.

Another way of saying all this is that means of productin and relations of
production are co-constituting: person-artifact-person interaction and
mediatin of action through another person the two "poloes" of a single
combined process. I think.
mike