RE: request for some clarification

From: Judith Vera Diamondstone (JDiamondstone@Clarku.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 08:58:03 PDT

Elina, thanks to the conversation here, I am revising my understanding of
the linguistically-influenced meanings of subject. I think Kevin may be
right, that the senes of "being subject to" derives from political theory,
and Jay's message suggests to me that., since the grammatical subject is
associated with some predication, it connotes some agentivity (my word --
propensity to agency??)

let me quit now, before more jabberwocking -
Judy

[Judith Vera Diamondstone]