request for some clarification

From: Elina Lampert-Shepel (ellampert@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jul 05 2003 - 15:31:21 PDT

Dear all,
I am in the midst of editing and writing an introduction for a special issue of Journal of Russian and East European Psychology. It will include a collection of articles on Learning activity.

I wanted to ask whether you distinguish subjectivity vs. agentivity. Is there difference for you between agent of activity and subject of activity.

Thanks for you help.

Elina

I have on my table a violin string. It is free. I twist one end of
it and it responds. It is free. But it is not free to do what a
violin string is supposed to do - to produce music. So I take it,
fix it in my violin and tighten it until it is taut. Only then it
is free to be a violin string.
               Sir Rabindranath Tagore.