Re: what begets schooling

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 22 2002 - 18:22:53 PST

In a message dated 12/20/2002 10:38:10 AM Central Standard Time,
jllbc@cunyvm.cuny.edu writes:

> Meanwhile, I think the key issues do turn around the "division of labour"
> in relation to schooling ... but a lot needs to be unpacked in this. We
> need to understand how to separate the institutions of schooling from the
> functions of schooling. A given institution, monastery or modern school,
> has multiple functions, only some of which belong to the lineage I am
> interested in. A given function can be realized in a society through
> multiple institutions.

Jay;

You constantly need to reinterpret reality. Can't anything ever just happen
because that is the way it evolved and there is no hidden motive? I
understand the need to be skeptical but at some point skepticism becomes out
and out paranoia.

eric