nonseparability between what and what?

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon May 06 2002 - 16:44:30 PDT

Keith/Anna/whomever---

Keith-- when we get to talking about inseperability between person and
CONTEXT the issue is really complex and I do not know how to "solve"
the problem in "general." Con-text. The text cannot exist except in
(at least!) analytic seperation form the con-with. Mc Dermott has a
very powerful demonstration of the relation of this issue to figure/ground
in his article in the Lave Chaiklin (or is it Chaiklin lave) volume.

As to internalization: What drives the people against this term is
the phantom of copy theories in place of reconstrucitonist theories.

Leontieve is crystal clear on the error of copy theories. But the problem
persists in those (American?) folks who substitute social learning theory
of the 1970's for CHAT.

says me, inviting misunderstanding!
mike