Re: Fodor?

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@attbi.com)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 06:05:11 PDT

On a slightly different angle than Newman, et al., I don't see the problem is
with reconciliation of the two -- differently than Chomksy thought of
innatism is that cognition is, in part, embodied in biological organisms that
are subject to genetic inheritance and variation. When taking the form of
biological defects, i.e. sensory integration dysfunction, what is inborn
shapes how the child can learn. One of Fodor's mistakes is relying upon
Chomsky, and that higher structures are the things innate.

bb

--
...this was not just a matter of chance.  These strange things happen all the
time...