Re: Jumping Ship

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 14:01:15 PST

Phillip,
Glad to hear that you are still interested in changing the field, I
misinterpreted your initial posting (something I must work on).

In your work at the ground level what have you found to be successful? Much
of the "work readiness" does not do anything other then provide more failures
for my students who have never found success in anything in their life.
Granted I am speaking about a popoulation that is outside the realm of
ordinary and your work may be with "able-bodied" but I am interested in
hearing about success.

Maybe large systems don't alleviate the issue and only a case by case basis
is the way to approach this. The only real success I have seen with my
students is becasue of real determination on their part to make a change in
their life. Very rarely do I see "programs" benefit someone. Any thoughts
you have regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Eric