Re: Multirefferenciality?

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 11:16:45 PST

The problem i am facing is that

if we choose Yrjö's framework to decide what is systematic activity (including
theories in close relation to an object, and a research community, and
methodology (rules), and even with different people contributed different
things)

then does that run into the problem of mixing activity as an explnatory
principle with activity as what is investigated? And if so, does it really
matter?

this is my impasse. this is like quicksand. anybody got a rope?

bb

--- Ricardo Ottoni Vaz Japiassu <rjapias@uol.com.br> wrote:

> Would multirefferenciality the word to a holistic approach to an object that
> incorporates different contributions from different perspectives of "seeing"
> it that is not an ecletic one?
>
> Ricardo Japiassu
> Professor da Universidade do Estado da Bahia-Uneb X
> rjapias@uol.com.br

=====
"One of life's quiet excitements is to stand somewhat apart from yourself and watch yourself softly become the author of something beautiful."
[Norman Maclean in "A river runs through it."]