Re(2): [p-i] September 1 1939 and following

From: Phillip White (Phillip_White@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 13:10:20 PDT

        Rosa scrobe:

>We do have a new world going.
>We have not yet grasped its
>potentialities (for life or for
>destruction) but our tools are old
>tools and our responses are old
>
>This is a situation where prolepsis,
>may work against us.

        Rosa - i keep on attempting to wrap my mind around your last sentence
here - is sounds groundedly, perceptively right - but i'm not sure your
meaning / intention.

        where in the process of prolepsis will we find not working for us ?
when we look back to past experiences in order to formulate along with
what we know now an action based on an ideal we have for the future? are
you suggesting that our past experiences are of no help, and may in fact
work against us?

        could you please write more about this?

phillip