Re: Re(2): Words as commodity/client

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 16:58:10 PDT

In a message dated 9/7/2001 10:57:49 AM Central Daylight Time,
mowen@rem.bangor.ac.uk writes:

> I do not provide a service that my students contract to

Consider for a moment whether you are trying to get your student to 'buy'
what you are teaching. Now, don't look at this example as marketplace but
view it in the context of assisting the client in attaining their zoped. If
what your selling is not considered helpful by the client then it would be
absurd to suggest that the client does not have the choice to hire M Cole for
the attainment of their zoped. I, who do not view what I am doing as selling
anything know that the client is viewing what they are doing as buying. Oh
well, I cannot control the viewpoint of the client. I am not the "lifestyle
police.'' I must try to understand the specific person/context relationship
involved and accept as a service provider that what M Cole is selling may
provide a better service for some person then what I can do. This is not to
suggest that choosing among sevice providers means they are buying a single
autonomous model but rather that the client will be recieiving a
comprehensive package of connected professionals who are able to collaborate
based on the needs of the client.

Much to think about more to do,
eric